Sometimes, we may encounter this question when we tell others we want to achieve financial freedom. In the event people ask what will I do if I retire early or become financially free.
Here is my answer :
- Have enough sleep and rest. No more waking up to an alarm clock anymore.
- Get fitter and exercise more. There will be plenty of time for that and no more procrastinating.
- Read more books. Reading is an enjoyable hobby that is very low cost but time consuming. I would have more time to read books that interests me and gain new insights.
- Spend more time with family, friends and people that you care about. If I have kids, I could be there for them every step of the way since I have a lot more time.
- Travel. There are many more places to explore and see in this world, and I can fly on the cheapest day, spend a longer time away and have a more relaxed holiday.
- Hobbies like diving and riding motorcycle for touring purposes. This requires a lot of time to do and not having to work frees me to not have to apply leave.
- Attend more AGMs of the companies I am investing in. Free meals included.
- Write and share more knowledge with others.