This is the first time I ever saw a farmer on TedTalk. Hear what he has to say…
He grew up in the village, went to bangkok to study and work.
Realised that he is worse off than when he was doing farming back in the village.
He goes back and feels richer instead.
– only has to work 2 mths a year and 15 min a day to grow rich and vegetables
– has more than enough food for his family
– started a fish pond and has fish all year round
– builds his own house instead of working 30 years to pay it off
– 4 basic needs of people : food, house, medicine and clothes
– he is able to meet all his needs with very little money
– has a lot of free time to think about life and himself
– take naps in the afternoon
Looking at him makes me feel quite blessed to be in Singapore, but also sad that we cannot afford to do what he does. What I like is his mindset that you do not need a lot of money to be happy in life, as long as you can meet your needs and be contented with what you have.